Friday, July 29, 2011

Kat Von D Storms Out on 'Good Day, L.A.' Interview

Kat Von D Storms Out on 'Good Day, L.A.' Interview

Kat Von D's Good Day, L.A. interview was over before it started. The L.A. Ink star stormed off the set on Wednesday after the show's hosts commented on her recent breakup with Jesse James

Good Day's hosts Jillian Reynolds and Jeff Michael introduced Von D, who was there to promote the new season of her TLC show, by saying, "She just broke up with fiancé Jesse James, but not before getting a tattoo of his childhood picture."

The next thing they knew, Von D, 29, had hightailed it out of the studio.

"Kat Von D just walked out of the building," Reynolds said minutes later. "I'm sure it's because of the Jesse James stuff, but … she talks about her personal life so much."

Reynolds claims she was not told that the split was off-limits for the interview. But it seems she and Von D were not on the same page, as the tattoo artist later took to her Twitter account to accuse the host of displaying a "lack of compassion [and] respect."  

Reynolds quickly shot back in her own defense. "Why was it disrespectful?" she twittered in response. "We said you guys broke up … We showed the clip your publicist sent. It showed you and Jesse. Were we not supposed to mention you broke up?" 

But Von D stuck to her guns and claimed it was the "disrespectful intro you guys 'snuck' in" that sent her packing. "Publicly disrespecting people for the sake of better ratings isn't something a person of compassion does," she wrote. "Good day."

Later that night, Von D posted a long, heartfelt manifesto on her Facebook page, titled "What Can I Say? I Suck," where she explained her feelings about her failed relationship and addressed why she walked out on the interview.

"Most of the time I’m good at rolling with the punches when things don't go as planned," she wrote. "But somehow, I allowed today to get the best of me...The accumulation of things this past year have been challenging in so many ways, but for the most part I found it easy to stay positive through it. At times I even surprised myself at how resilient I was to a lot of these challenges...Today was really hard for me. And no one's to blame other than myself. Never planned on walking away from this relationship, let alone the timing of things."

"Although my intentions were never to offend or hurt anyone’s feelings, this isn't an apology for walking out on a silly morning show interview this morning," she continued. "And this isn’t an attempt at justifying anything either. I don't expect people to understand, just like I can't expect myself to be able to please everyone at all times."

Watch how the whole went down on Good Day, L.A. here:

 

Kat Von D Walks Out on GDLA Interview: MyFoxLA.com

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/kat-von-d-storms-out-good-day-la-interview/1-a-368121

Eva Mendes Evangeline Lilly Eve Fergie Foxy Brown Freida Pinto FSU Cowgirls

No comments:

Post a Comment